Find the answers you need to build a well-rounded Adventure Therapy practice!
The "How To's" of Adventure Therapy Administration
Date: 10/02/2020 Time: 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm EST.
Target Audience: This course is designed for individual practitioners who want to begin incorporating adventure therapy into their practice
Taking clients outside is a wonderful option for therapists seeking deeper engagement, connection with nature and meaningful experiences, but the process of doing it safely can seem overwhelming to many therapists. If you are considering taking your clients on walk-and-talk sessions in the woods or adventure therapy programming that uses other adventure activities, come learn about what your responsibilities are to manage both the clinical and the adventure programming components of your practice! This webinar will cover an overall view of the administrative responsibilities that accompany the use of adventure interventions, including our duty of care, safety, risk management, and documentation. Participants will be given a framework for self-assessment and suggested next steps for responsibly integrating adventure therapy into their practice.
About the Instructor
Kim Sacksteder, LISW-S
about This course
- Understand an overview of administrative responsibilities associated with practicing adventure therapy.
- Learn fundamental concepts related to duty of care, risk management, and informed consent as they relate to adventure therapy.
- Understand administrative functions of providing adventure activities including training, policy and procedure development, and emergency response planning.
- Self-assess gaps in administrative responsibilities and identify steps to address gaps.
Are CEs available for this course? No
Requirements for Course Completion to be Issued certificate:
In order to obtain a course completion certificate, participants must participate in the entire training, then complete a post test and evaluation through the learning platform.
How/When Certificates are issued:
Certificates will be issued immediately upon successful completion of the above tasks.
Below are the hardware recommendations that will result in your best experience:
RAM: 2 GB RAM or higher
Processor: 2.0 GHz Intel or AMD processor
Browser: Firefox 3.6 or later, Google Chrome 7.0 or later, Safari 5.0 or later
Hardware for Webinars: Computer microphone, speakers, Web Camera
Internet: High-speed Wi-Fi connection
- For training clients in a synchronous or in-person course, Adventure Therapist, LLC will provide 75% refunds for cancellations made at least 48 hours in advance of the course. If clients cancel at least one week in advance of the training, a 90% refund will be offered. Refunds are not given for cancellations less than 48 hours ahead of the course.
- For self-paced and asynchronous courses, clients that need to cancel or are not satisfied in the first 30 days of access will receive a refund.
- If by chance you do have a complaint or a grievance. Please send it to [email protected]. Our Grievance Policy is available upon request.
Adventure Therapist, LLC is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to those with special needs or disabilities. Please email any requests to [email protected]