Program Development Series Module #2
Using adventure interventions in therapy comes with responsibilities related to managing risk. Ultimately, we need to determine when the benefits for clients are likely to outweigh the risk of using these interventions. This course provides an overview of risk management concepts, strategies and practices within the field of adventure therapy. Participants will learn about identifying, assessing, and managing risk. Hazard and risk analysis will be discussed in regards to the environment, activities and people that interact to create risk. Risk management practices will be described including documenting and analysis of incidents and near misses and standards for review of risk management.
What Will You Learn?
- Gain knowledge about identifying, assessing, and managing risks.
- Know about industry standards and risk management processes, including documentation practices.
- Be aware of weighing the potential cost and benefit of using adventure interventions.
- Understand our professional duty of care.
- Learn basic legal concepts that impact service provision.
Adventure Therapy Risk Management Practices
Risk Management Fundamentals