Administrative Clinical Practices in AT
How do you integrate adventure therapy into your existing clinical practices?
As we become therapists, we learn not only about the skills and approaches necessary to work with our clients, but also the administrative practices that ensure we are keeping ourselves and our clients safe, following the rules and laws of our occupation and following the evidence based practices and standards that we are held to. As we begin to incorporate adventure therapy into our practice, it is common for clinicians to have a lot of questions about how to connect standard clinical practices to the adventure components used in adventure therapy. This course aims to answer this question!
- Defining clinical approach, clinical targets, and any EBP integration
- Intake practices
- Participant screening for appropriateness, including medical
- Informed consent and Liability Release
- Managing clinical risks
- Responding to SI, HI, aggression, etc.
- Intervention planning
- Session structures and sequencing
- Session follow up including documentation, post-session checklists
Kim Sacksteder, MSW, LISW-SV
about This course
Are CEs available for this course? No
Requirements for Course Completion to be Issued certificate:
In order to obtain a course completion certificate, participants must participate in the entire training, then complete a post test and evaluation through the learning platform.
How/When Certificates are issued:
Certificates will be issued immediately upon successful completion of the above tasks.